Monday, September 24, 2007

Rosh Hashana Part II

So, I'm at the Z.'s. I got to sleep in Miriam's office, which doubles as a very pretty guest bedroom. With my own bathroom. It was absolutely fantastic. Anyway, Wednesday night was the only "in" meal, at the Z.'s. Their awesome people, if I haven't mentioned before. And it was really nice, being with people that I knew pretty well.
The next day we all headed to shul, and made it in time for Shofar blowing. The davening was pretty good, but the women's section was mostly unsinging, which always frustrates me. (I'm planning on researching the shul I go to for Simchat Torah, so I won't have to deal with it.)
We went out for lunch, and I'm going to admit that due to the fact that I didn't write this right after chag, the days blurred together a little bit. So, on the first day, I believe that I met the woman who set up Mom and Dad (cool, right?). We went out that night as well, and the next day was pretty similar, everyone made it to Shofar blowing again and then we headed out somewhere else for lunch. Post-lunch was naptime on both days and it's a good thing too, because I was exhausted from adjusting to my new schedule during the day. I spent a bit of time reading The Thornbirds (excellent, excellent book) before falling asleep for a couple of hours.
Friday night was going to be the second "in" meal, but the M.'s (the people I went to on my first free Shabbos) invited me. They're one block up from the Z.'s. When I say up, I mean it, you have to walk up a path in between the houses to get there. So I went there for dinner Friday night, and I could barely eat after two days of stuffing myself. Really, I never realizing how crazy three-day Yuntif's are until I'm surrounded by people who are REALLY unused to them, and then it does seem a little nuts. Anyway, it was really nice going back to the M.'s and Betsy gave me some ideas for Chol Hamoed that I'm planning on checking out.
Anyway, Shabbos day was similar again, except I finished that book and I hung out with the family a little bit. After Shabbos ended the electricity flickered in and out, which I found kinda funny, as I theorized it was due to the crazy strain of everyone turning on their lights after a three-day yuntif, which was probably an unusual strain for the generators.
The next day was Tzom Gedaliah, so the Z.'s fed me (and I have to say that everything I ate over the three days was delicious. Chag is always the best time for the good food) and I took the bus back to the Tachanah Merkazit. I wandered around, totally unable to find my bus back to Sem. for a while, until Aviva (my Madricha) picked up her phone and gave me directions. It is much more complicated to find that bus then it should be.
Anyway, I have to go run and do my laundry before Succot, because I won't be able to do it on Chol Hamoed. I'll update about Yom Kippur later. If you have any questions, comment or e-mail me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the updates!!Love ya
mom

Anonymous said...

Where YOU Been?
I miss ya?
Love
Dad