Monday, September 10, 2007

Monday Nights Rock. And Roll.

So, I did have Gemarah class this morning, and I grabbed the right books and everything, but I managed to call my chevrutah Laura despite the fact that her name is Lauren. Obviously I still need more sleep. And maybe a better head for names. But after Gemarah, and the last Rotating Ramim session (We got Rav Brown. I love him, despite the fact the I understand probably less then 30% of the class I have with him) I crashed on my bed for most of lunch, not quite sleeping, but not that awake either. Then Becky came over and we had a great time before the session on keeping one day of chag vs. two days of chag in Eretz Yisroel. Hysterically, despite the fact that the talk took an hour, the whole thing managed to hinge on the ONE THING Dad discussed with me for five minutes in America, which still has troubling logic. I'm pretty sure I'm keeping one day now. Then I had my People of the Book classes (I have to give a full post for those classes, I really like them).
Now, last night, after Selichot (which were fantastic tonight, by the way. I'm going to miss them here a lot) my roommate mentioned that she had a craving for shwarma, and did I want to join her Monday night to get some? Monday nights are unique here. There are no night classes, so if you don't take any optinal classes, you're free from 5 o'clock onward. I take no Monday optional classes, so I packed a bag and hung out until 6, when my Daniella got out from Aggadah. We gathered a whole group of people (Me, Becky, Shani, Daniella, Yamit, Miriam, Eliana L., and Hepsi) and walked to Emek R'faim. It's my second time there, but it wasn't crawling with Americans like it was Sat. night, so it was much nicer. I got a falafel (A real Israeli one!) with lots of pickles, and we hung out for a while, eating and chatting. The walk isn't too bad, a little less then 45 minutes, but I'm a slow walker, and it's uphill to get back, so Becky and I walked slower, talking. Apparently, sweatshirts in England are called "hoodies" and she thinks our definition of jumper is totally nuts. She also laughs every time I exclaim "AWESOME!" excitedly, which might explain why I'm doing it more often then normal.
We got back more then an hour before Selichot (at 22:30) so I had time to drown about a liter of water, and sit down before standing for Selichot, which is a little more then an hour.
Anyway, I'm going to head to bed because it's late and we have a pretty busy day tomorrow.
You'll hear about it later!

No comments: