Friday, October 26, 2007

Fruit is not in Shmitah yet, a fact for which I am eternally gratefull

Did you know that oranges here are green. You heard me. And they taste wonderful. A little fresher then American ones. Of course, nearly all produce tastes better then American produce here, but I'm not a big orange fan in America and I can't get enough of them here.
(Which may or may not have anything to do with my utter delight at the color. Green! I don't think I can eat orange oranges anymore. Green!)
I also need to figure out how to make food besides cerael and milk, as I'm getting a little sick of it as my main souce of snacking and my backup when I miss meals. I'm a little leary about buying vegetables, though, as I haven't quite figured out exactly what signs will tell me if something is keduashat shvi'it and such.

No comments: