Sunday, January 6, 2008

To celebrate the fact that I woke up early enough to get a computer...

So, Firday morning. Here's a typical Friday for you. I woke up decently early (because I'd gone to sleep so early the night before) and I went to teh computer room for my crazy long post. Then I walked around to see who wasn't busy (in sem. I wasn't reallly in the mood to dig up people from other programs.) Abby wasn't busy, so we decided to head to Ben Yehudah together, maybe visit Rachel K. (she'd the one who got married.)
Abby wanted to get a hair cut, and there's a haircutting school right off of Ben Yehudah that does cuts for 35 nis, so we both went for it. My stylist-in-training spoke no English, and I don't knwo any words that involve cutting harir, so we had an intersting time of it. But my hair's even now, which is nice. And angled well.
Then we met up with one of Abby's friends from high school, a guy by the name of Yotz who had made Aliyah by himself and was fresh out of his army service. We calledc Rachel to come meet us, and then headed to Holy Bagel (great, American-style bagel place) and ate while we walked back to the bus stop, because we had to get back early for Abby to do toranut before Shabbos started. We met Michal, Miriam, and Shoshi L. at the bus stips, and chatted with them the whole way back.
Shabbos was nice, low-stress because we were in school I went to bed early. I was the only one who stayed in from my suite, so no annoying lights were on that I hadn't left on. I did toranut fro lunch, and went to Mrs. J's husband's shiur on aggadah. Apparently he's writing a book about it, which is kinda cool.
Post-Shabbos Eliana and I went to see The Golden Compass movie. It's good, but the book is MUCH better. We got back, and I got into bed before midnight (pretty good!).
Second semester starts today,a nd the French program that's been here for two months is finally leaving. I suppose I shouldn't really compoain, because I had very little to do wtih them, but they did hog the computers, and I caught two smoking out by the laundry room once. They're going to have a great time when they get back home with France's new anti-smoking laws.
Next Shabbos is shabbos rammim, which is going to be wierd, as I just switched Gemrah classes, so I'm going to Rav Br.'s house. I think he lives in Alon Shvut, but I'm not sure...

No comments: