Sunday, December 9, 2007

Another Shabbos, More Sufganiyot (I'm eating waaay too many of those...)

So, I'm on Chanukah vacation. I have to say, I like this system of Jewish holiday-based vacations. Tomorrow I'm planning on visiting my cousings in Tel Aviv, wish me luck. I 'm not really sure which bus to take.
But that's not waht this post is about. This post is about Shabbos. I was in Chasmonayim, with Rachel adn Joel and co. Rinat wasn't there, but it was OK, because I brought Eliana with me. I'm still sick (almost day 8 now!) so we slept in another house because Rachel's mom has a weak immune sysytem, but it was fine. We davened in that hosue on Friday night because it was raining heavily (heaviest rain I've been here for) and we had a fun vegetarian meal, I love the dairly quiches during shabbos.
We made it to shul really early the next day, and it was nice. During the Rabbi's speech, when they pull the curtains on the Machitzah back, I saw Josh and Ashy, so I went over after shul to say hi.
The shul as having some sort of shul luncheon, and Eliana and I sat at the family table, and had a meat meal. Somehow I always manage to do that whenever I visit, despite the fact that they're vegetarian. After lunch Eliana and I just slept for the rest of Shabbos, which was fantastic. Shabbos naps are saving me from my crazy schedule this year.
After Shabos Rinat was throwing a Chanukah party for her friends, which naturally included my whole senior grade. They were all invitied, less then half showed up, but it was a lot of fun. We made our own sufganiyot (it must be my fourth this year, which is crazy for me) and ate fun vegetarian hot dogs and chicken. We played some Jewish Tabboo, sat around and talked, stood around and talked, ate some more, sang some songs, etc. It was really fun. For the last half-hour or so, we watched the begining of the Simpsons Movie, and I take back everything I said to Zvi, it's hysterical.
Rinat had hired a bus to take a group to and from Yerushalayim for the party. I don't know how much it was to go both ways (I took the Chareidi Superbus into Chashmonaim again) but it was 15 shekel to take it back to Yerushalayim, so Eliana and I decided to take it back with everyone. It was fun, I chatted with Yael the whole way (and Ein Hanatziv is really laid-back) while Noam acted like a flight attendent on the microphone in front of the bus. The bus stopped at the Tachanah Merkazit, where Eliana and I got off and caught the 7 back to sem.
I'm probably going to try to go grocery shopping Monday, or at least run over the Makolet and buy milk, as I have none, but I'm missing home and the total lack of responsibility when I'm sick. You don't want to take care of yourself when you're ill, really.

2 comments:

Rabbi Richard Wolpoe said...

1) Refu'a Shlayma
2) Get Well Soon
3) Happy Hanukkah
4) Hag somay'ach
5) R U going to buy me a nice book/sefer fo Hanukkah?
6) I love you!
7) I miss you!

xoxo
Dad

Anonymous said...

LOL!!you eating doughnuts........I can't imagine it!!
love Dina!!